Gore Hill to sport new look oval and playground
Willoughby City Council awarded Glascott Landscape & Civil the upgrade of Gore Hill Oval and regional playground.
The project is part of the Gore Hill Park Redevelopment and will eventually host a sports complex with underground parking, providing a range of active and recreational opportunities for local residents, workers, visitors to the hospital and the wider community.
Designed by Tract Consultants, Glascott is delivering Stage 1 comprising the re-orientation and resurfacing of the oval for improved capacity and upgrading the regional playground.
Stage 1 works include:
- Re-aligning the existing oval and installing a synthetic playing surface with cricket wicket
- Construction of a regional playground with natural play space and barbeque picnic areas
- Construction of a perimeter walking track, outdoor ball courts and outdoor gym
- Public domain works to facilitate access and public spaces
- The installation of an on-site storm water detention system
- The construction of a modular building including pavilion, change rooms and toilet facilities
- Upgrading and re-aligning the Southern car park.
Glascott is accredited by the Federal Safety Commissioner (FSC). The Gore Hill Redevelopment project is federally funded and therefore requires FSC to ensure the highest standard of safety practices on site. Works on the project are underway with expected completion by November 2018.
“We are very happy to be working with Willoughby City Council on this important project,” said General Manager, Matt Bourke. “We look forward to providing Council and the community with a high quality oval and playground.”