The Macquarie University Arts Precinct is a transformational project for the Faculty of Arts that will consolidate ten of twelve departments into a precinct that showcases the unique nature and focus of each department.
Lipman was appointed by the University to deliver the project, comprising the re-purpose of two existing buildings and constructing a new 5-level building, and awarded Glascott Landscape & Civil the landscape package.
Safety and efficiency are paramount while working on an active campus. Glascott has implemented methodology and sequencing to manage works around the other trades, which means staying flexible and proactive so that works can start as soon as areas become available. We are also assisting in some of the design development including resolving components delivered by subcontractors.
The Arts Precinct is due for completion in early 2020.
The landscape construction scope of works:
- Demolition, bulk excavation, and reconstruction of the existing access road – Western Road.
- Honed precast concrete retaining walls and precast concrete stair treads.
- Concrete blinding slabs for paved areas.
- Exposed aggregate concrete pavements.
- Spotted gum hardwood decks and timber stairs.
- Installation of various furniture, including custom seats and benches, outdoor tables with power and USB connections, daybeds, table tennis tables, Foosball table, plus bollards, decorative pots and custom display screens.