Completed project: Woolooware Bay Foreshore & Community
21 Oct 2020
Glascott Landscape & Civil had the pleasure to work with Parkview Constructions again to complete Woolooware Bay Stage 3 for their client Aoyuan. Located next door Shark Park, the project scope covered works at the new apartment building and along Woolooware Bay Foreshore.
Our team completed landscaping & civil works to the stage 3 apartment blocks consisting of exposed concrete paths, minor paving works, decking, astro turf and planting. The foreshore work included demolition, earthworks, irrigation, exposed concrete paths, kerbing, paving, fencing and mass planting in sensitive waterways adjacent mangroves.
The project involved liaising with multiple stakeholders including our client Parkview, civil engineers’ Calibre, landscape architects Habit8 and Ecological.
Throughout construction on the salt marsh zone, adjacent to the Towra Point Aquatic Reserve, we worked closely with Ecological who were appointed to ensure the existing mangroves were treated sympathetically and to the satisfaction of DPI. The salt marsh mangrove rehabilitation required regrading levels to achieve the appropriate AHD levels that allowed for the maximum salt marsh, placing 100mm of washed sand derived from a neighbouring community, and installing coir logs and coir mat before planting salt marsh plantings grown from the local area.
Consistent communication and problem solving ensured we completed the project on time and without disruption to the community. The project was delivered safely to specification, quality, and environmental expectations for Parkview & their client Aoyuan.
Scope of work:
- Civil Earthworks
- Construction of shared paths which double as heavy vehicle access roads
- Fitness zones with synthetic turf
- Concrete stairs and access/egress paths
- Timber Bollard and chain fencing
- Native and riparian planting
- Salt marsh restoration/planting works
- Bioswale and rain garden construction
- Sandstone log wall construction
- Construction of the central courtyard
- Installation of street furniture
- Retaining walls, concrete & segment paving
- Mass planting and mulch